Friday, January 14, 2011

Siamese Fighters and Really Red Lips

So basically my idea is simple and inspired by nature. Who made the rule that deep red lipstick is for evening wear? I am not the kind of girl that wears make up on a daily basis, not even on special occasions, recently I got the hang of eyeliner and if I go dancing with friends I may put some on. 

However, my mom got me the most fantastic deep red wine coloured lipstick for Christmas, this is the kind of colour that makes your teeth instantly whiter and your skin instantly more tanned. Well, if you have my colouring it does, and being half Italian I think it works out pretty well.

My problem with this fantastic shade being considered evening wear is that I don't go out much at night. So guess what? I wear it during the day... SHOCK HORROR. Suck it up cupcakes! My theory, the one based on nature is as follows: Roses are red, deserts are red, Siamese fighting fish are red, at least, one of mine is, so why the hell can't my lips be that red during the daylight hours, colour is best seen in light. I am not a sunrise, I am a sunset, dramatic and vivid, at least this is what I tell myself when I become depressed that I don't have a six pack and eyes like angelina Jolie... So go for it, wear deep red romantic red lipstick to lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment